Smart Apartment Data is seeking a Journalist / Marketing Director that is ready to engage and inform our clients. This candidate must be an exceptional writer with proven journalism skills. When you aren't crafting thoughtful editorials, you’ll put on your National Marketing Director hat, responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
- The position will require research and editorial writing for various industry magazines and on-line newsletters.
- Work in partnership with the Vice President of Business Development and the Web team to make sure our on-line presence is fresh and informative.
- Plans meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident
- 5+ years in Multifamily industry experience.
- Superior writing ability with demonstrated experience writing editorial and marketing communications (digital, social media, advertising).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude and entrepreneurial drive.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills and the ability to meet tight timelines.
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Clear understanding of digital marketing channels.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and creative.
- Must be able to manage multiple daily deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Researches competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in journalism, digital media or equivalent work experience.